1. What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register for an account associated with the Software, when you use the Software, when you respond to communication such as e-mail, or when you access certain features in the Software. Information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- When registering for an account associated with the Software, we may ask you for your name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card details, location, device details, third party account credentials (such as Facebook or Twitter), third party account information (information associated with third party accounts, such as profile information, images, friends, avatars, other authorized information).
- In order to use certain features or for us to customize the Software for you or in response to surveys or questionnaires, we may ask for your platform user profile (survey) information about your home, home usage, hobbies, family demographics, attitudinal information or other information.
- We automatically collect web browser information, devices, or applications when a user interacts with our services. This information include device use and associated information (ie. names of devices, sensor info, time, date), location, IP Address, cookie information, browser type, application / device being used and other device and session identifiers.
2. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To improve or modify the Software and to analyze how certain features or functionality are performing or are used by consumers.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer requests, including but not limited to sharing your information with the retail outlet (i.e. Staples) from which you purchased your device.
- To administer promotions, surveys, marketing efforts, or other features or services.
3. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information for marketing or advertising purposes. We will only use or otherwise transfer your PII to Staples and those outside parties Staples identifies for product and customer support so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential for their own purposes. In the event that we sell our company, or otherwise transfer any assets of our company, we may provide your information to the purchaser so that you may continue the relationship or business with us and our products. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
4. Correction/Updating Personal Information
You can correct or update your personally identifiable information by re-registering or by contacting us by electronic-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Do we use “cookies” on the Site?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your Site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
6. Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Zonoff follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use such Personal Information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
7. Questions and feedback
8. Important Notices to Non-United States Residents
It is important to note that certain services used for our Software are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any Visitor Information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Software and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2013 will receive information regarding 2012 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from Zonoff please send an email message to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.