“Good Morning!” Activities let you wake up in style
No part of human existence occurs as automatically as the morning routine. Wake up at a certain time each day, fumblingly silence the alarm, turn on the lights, shuffle to the bathroom, make and drink a cups of coffee—these are all repeated steps that we do in our half-sleep every day. This makes them perfect candidates to be automated.
A “Good Morning” Activity can do all of these for you. (Well, most of them.) To make this Activity:
- Open the app or go to my.staples-connect.com.
- Click Activities.
- Click New Activity (+). Name the Activity “Good Morning.”
- Choose the time you usually wake up. The Activity will run at that time.
- Choose the devices you want to control during the Activity. To start, consider adding:
- Your bedroom light
- A bathroom light
- The outlet for your coffeemaker
- Your bedroom blinds
- Click Choose, then tell each of those devices what they should do. These settings have worked well for us:
- Your bedroom light: 30% brightness
- A bathroom light: 50% brightness
- The outlet for your coffeemaker: On
- Thermostat: Up to 70°
- Your bedroom blinds: Up halfway
You can adjust the device settings manually, grab the current settings, revert to the original settings, or test the settings before saving them.
- Staples Connect can send you an email or push notification when your Activity runs. To set up a notification for your Activity, enter the text for your notification (up to 140 characters) and select the users who should receive the notification. If you don’t want to set up a notification, click Skip.
- When you’re satisfied with everything, click Finish.
Congratulations! You’ll now wake up in style every morning. You might even be able to get rid of your annoying alarm clock.